These reviews are not edited for content but are edited for "typos".
They were either made public on VRBO, TripAdvisor, AirBNB , Google or Facebook, or were written in our SAND or SKY guestbooks and we thank the writers for taking the time to give us and you their opinion.
Crescent Beach has never received a rating of less than 5-stars and we thank our guests for this!
SKY: December 2018: NS and family (Los Angeles CA, USA)
Guestbook comments: We've had a fantastic 5 days at Crescent Beach! SKY is such a beautiful home and the views are our favourite part about the house. You both are amazing hosts and made us feel so welcome and comfortable throughout. It was especially thoughtful of you to purchase a starter grocery bag for us so we didn't have to go shopping immediately. (Sunday arrival - Supermarkets are not open on Sundays in the Cayman Islands) We also met with the nice family staying downstairs at SAND. Despite sharing the beach and pool areas we still got a very private experience. Some suggestions for your guests and you:
- We enjoyed snorkeling and playing in the water in front of the house. Our children didn't have much experience snorkeling so it was great to introduce them to the activity here. Kayaking was also a lot of fun. Thanks for providing all the necessary gear.
- We highly recommend a swim ride in the ocean on horseback. We got a private ride at Coral Stone Stables in West Bay with Nolan. It was amazing to ride on the beach and swim on horseback inside the ocean!
- The Crystal Caves are also a must-see. A very short drive from Crescent Beach. As suggested by another guest, best to book the 9am tour as it is cooler and there are fewer people.
- Starfish Point was really cool. Warm shallow aters with many starfish.
- We were bummed by the fact that there weren't any bioluminescence tours being offered the week we were here due to moon activity. It's best seen during the waning phase of the moon, closer to no moon.
- My husband and I enjoyed doing yoga on the balcony/living room with ocean views. Wish there was a yoga mat here - would be perfect (Thanks for the suggestion - we will get a couple and keep them over at Crescent Beach House).
All in all, a wonderful and relaxing vacation.
SAND: December 2018: Beautiful beach front vacation with all the luxuries of home - DD and family (Missouri USA) with CJ and family (NC, USA) - VRBO ★★★★★
What a trip! Owners are the most wonderful people that you will meet on the island. Super helpful in getting you settled in to you home for the week. The home has absolutely everything that you need for the week other than grocerys and rum. The beach has amazing views with all kinds of ocean life. A reef just off the beach with some of the best snorkeling on the island though getting out to it can be taxing. If you want a more child/kid friendly beach it is literally 5 minutes away. The pool is small but fantastic to just chill out and relax in. This home is in what I would consider the most desirable part of the island. The East End is very quiet and away from all the tourist hustle and bustle. It also is home to at least 4 of the best restaurants (Czech Grill Inn, Tukka, Taco Cantina, and Hermans Fish Fry) on the island not to mention you are 10 minutes from the Crystal Caves and the Botanical Park. Only 5 minutes from Lovers Wall, the Blowholes, Wreck of the 10 Sails, and the Light House. When we return to Grand Cayman, and if we haven't bought a home there, we will definitely be staying at Cresent Beach again! Thank you Paul and Fay Anne for your hospitality.
Guestbook comments: Such a paradise... Thank you so much for your amazing hospitality and accommodations. Merry Christmas and a blessed New Year!
SAND and SKY: Nov 2018: MM with 13 other family members (VRBO)
We loved our stay here. We had a group of 14 and we rented both units. Our hosts were very helpful and responsive to our needs. The units were as advertised only better. We highly recommend the place!
Guestbook comments: LG, MG and Jace (Saugerties NY, USA): We had a wonderful stay! Terrific place. Very comfy and loved the location. Thanks!
SAND and SKY: Dec 2018: MP with many other guests including Lora M (Roeland Park, Kansas) who wrote this review (TripAdvisor ★★★★★)
We spent a week in Grand Cayman and rented out Sand and Sky at Half Moon Bay for 11 adults and 1 child. Paul and Faye Ann are amazing hosts and are super helpful. Plus, they are easily accessible being right next door. Located on the lower key end of the island, it makes for a great place to relax, avoid the crowds of people, and take in the view. We thought the pool might be a little small but it turned out to be a perfect spot to hang out for "happy hour" each evening. Looking forward to our next trip so we can see all of the amazing updates Paul and Faye Anne are making! (Our reponse to the review: Thank you for your visit. Yes, the pool was always intended to be a daytime kids splash place and an evening bbq hangout. We have a wonderful 100 yard by 100 yard pool right off the beach filled with coral and ocean life. But we are adding a second larger “laps pool” by 2020. Our feeling is that the dock should come first. It was great having you all at Crescent Beach.)
SAND and SKY: Nov 2018: DI and family (Atlanta GA, USA) (VRBO)
Paul and Fay Anne were the most gracious hosts that went above and beyond to ensure that our stay was perfect. We will be back!!!!
Guestbook comments: We have has an amazing week! Thank you so much for the use of your beautiful home!! We can't wait to come back next year, Our favourite places to eat were Tukka and Big Tree BBQ. We loved Smith's Cove and 7 Mile and the best snorkeling by far is right off of the house.
SKY: Nov 2018: MR & TR (Bradenton FL, USA)
Guestbook comments: This was the most incredible vacation! Your beautiful beach home with the spectacular views is truly " a Piece of Heaven". Your welcomeing gifts of rum cake and wine were so very thoughtful and kind. Your hospitality is beyond words! You made us feel so at home. [Some private comments - thank you very much]. Enjoying our breakfast with coffee on the back porch was such an awsome way to begin our day. The stars at night were awsome as well!! Everything we needed was here for us. We both feel so blessed that we became a visitor in your amazing "Sky"! We wish you all the Peace and Happiness in your new home! Looking forward to coming again.
We thought the:
SAND and SKY were closed for the period June 8 to November 1 2018 while Crescent Beach House, Paul and Fay Anne's new home, was built. There are no reviews for this period.
SKY: May 2018: Amazing!! (CS and family and guests, USA) VRBO ★★★★★
Unfortunately we got to experience Alberto while we were here but the house and host/hostess were amazing! Paul and Faye met us at the property and were available for anything we needed or any questions we had. The house is gorgeous and has every amenity necessary for a home away from home. Alberto finally moved on and we were able to experience Seven Mile Beach, Rum Point, Stingray City and Turtle Centre. This is a perfect location away from the tourist and your own private beach, yet close enough to see everything. I highly recommend this rental.
SKY: May 2018: Private, Peaceful, Perfect. Everything Seven Mile Beach offers and more - minus the crowds (T and DK, Nashville TN, USA) VRBO ★★★★★
My wife and I don't enjoy crowded beaches and noisy condo neighbors on our vacation getaways. We like quiet, peaceful walks on the beach and off the beaten path restaurants with delicious local cuisine. We like world class scuba diving and snorkeling close to shore. We enjoyed all this and more on this trip. No mega resort condo owner on Seven Mile beach will know when your flight arrives, know when you plan to arrive at their property and be there to meet you and help you get settled in, but Paul and Fay Anne did this and treated us like royalty. This place is private and secluded, but there are great restaurants and a top rated scuba dive operation just minutes away. Though our place had a kitchen and everything you could ever need to eat in, we enjoyed the variety of dining out choices close by. We had Sunday brunch at the Lighthouse (4 miles away) and we were blown away. It was a 5 star dining experience. The menu selection, the presentation, and the flavors were surprising. We did not expect to find this quality outside of a high end restaurant in Georgetown. Just down the road from this is a local who has a BBQ grill and several folding tables in his front yard (Big Tree BBQ) and will grill you up a finger licking feast. There are many other dining choices close by that are listed on every Grand Cayman map and tourist magazine. One of our new favorite local discoveries on this trip was Lion Fish tacos at Tukka's. Crescent beach is centrally located on the island and this makes it easy to access the shopping and tourist attractions along Seven Mile beach and also enjoy the quiet beaches and attractions along the eastern and northern coastline. The pictures on the VRBO website don't do this place justice. It is beautiful.
Guestbook comments: Sky was our home away from home for 5 days. We found this place to offer everything we needed to be comfortable. The view and the seclusion were tops on our list for destinations and Sky filled these needs. As scuba divers, we found snorkelling in front in the bay absolutely surprising in the variety of fish and invertebrates on coral heads all ovrer the bay, Here is a list of what we saw (also see page Half Moon Bay for images):
- Sea Urchin, Spiny Lobster, Anemone Crab, Sea Rod, Sea Whip, Venus Sea Fan
- Sheet Coral, Flower Coral, Brain Coral, Yellow Pencil Coral
- Trigger Fish, Blue Tang, Sergeant Major, Squirrel Fish, Nurse Shark
- Butterfly Fish, Grouper, Blue Hamlet, Parrot Fish
- We found turtle snouts on the beach and loved the fact that a turtle had recently laid eggs in a nest right in front.
Sunday brunch at the Lighthouse was an amazing surprise. The food quality, variety and presentation is incredible - especially in a place far from the elite George Town high rises. We had fish tacos (Lionfish) for the first time and loved them! Tourist note of caution: Many restaurants include a 15% gratuity in your bill, then bring a credit card receipt to fill out with the "Tip" line blank. If you don't notice this, you will end up paying the 15% plus the amount you fill in on your credit card receipt. I thought I did pretty well learning to drive on the left, but my wife would disagree with that. Paul and Fay Anne were terrific hosts - like family. We were greeted when we arrived, offered assistance and they answered every question. They even brought a conch shell over one afternoon se we could blow it as a true island experience. We lived this dream and hope to live it again.
SKY: April 2018: One of the best vacation rentals in the Caribbean! (J and SO, USA) VRBO ★★★★★
We are trying to go to as many beautiful islands as possible. While we haven't been everywhere yet, we have been to a lot of islands and enjoyed a wide range of properties. This is one of the best places we have stayed. The owners Paul and Fay Anne were wonderful to work with and met every need. They go over and above expectations with all of the big and little touches. They actually care that vacationers are able to share a little slice of heaven and will meet every need. The property itself is stunning. Right on the ocean, you wake up to a beautiful view of the private beach. With the ocean breeze, you can enjoy the outdoors as much as the indoors. It was nice to have a fairly private pool - only having to share the space with one other tenant. Inside is beautiful! Granite counters, big bathrooms, king-sized beds and comfortable furniture in the living area. The property is well maintained and very clean. You will not need to go buy the little things like beach chairs or ice chests because they have everything you need - even things you didn't know you needed. The setting is perfect for a couple or a family reunion - even a wedding. We love being on the East End. It is quiet and slower paced. It is close to some of the best snorkeling and scuba diving anywhere! You are just a short ride from wonderful restaurants like Tukka and the Lighthouse. We had a wonderful vacation and anniversary! Thank you so much for the wine and rum cake and for making this a very special trip for us!
SAND: April 2018: Beautiful (CP and family, Indianapolis, IN, USA) VRBO ★★★★★
I had pretty high expectations after reading the awesome reviews and was not let down at all. The home is beautiful. There is no need to leave the property. The snorkelling out back is the best! We are already planning our trip for next year.
Guestbook comments: We have had an amazing week! Thank you so much for the use of your beautiful home!! We can't wait to come back next year. Our favourite places to eat were Tukka and Big Tree BBQ. We loved Smith's Cove and 7 Mile - and the best snorkeling by far is right by the house!
SKY: April 2018: Throw the rental car keys in the pool : (DS and family - Barrington, RI, USA) VRBO ★★★★★
Seriously- no need to leave. The best snorkeling- a swimming pool- East End weather (it really does rain less than other parts of the island). If you want to explore, you are nicely located with quick access to the East End, nice resorts and restaurants, close to Rum Pointe (fun for a day or two) and not too far from Seven Mile Beach. The house and hosts are perfect- the most organized and professional owners I've ever rented from- we were lacking nothing and already are dreaming about our next visit.
Guestbook comments: Dear Paul, Fay Anne and future guests: No point in wasting time on the house and hosts. If you haven't already realised how wonderful both of them are, you soon will. [Thank you] We had a great week - full of activity and travel, but don't overlook the fun of just staying here at SKY. The sonorkeling was better than any other spot we tried. Lots of creatures above and below the water to keep the kids occupied. As for off-site fun, here's what we did and what we thought of each:
- Turtle Farm: Lots of fun for the kids. We did the more expensive option to snorkel in the lagoon. A great way to acclimate people to snorkeling + confidence to try it here at the house.
- Paddleboarding: White Sands Water Sports at Wyndham Reef, East End: By far the most affordable we found at $25/hour. inside the reef - fun, but a workout fighting the current.
- Barefoot Beach: Near Wyndham Reef - 4 minute drive. Beautiful - secluded - had beach to ourselves. Lots of seaweed, but room to put chairs at water's edge in sand. Snorkeling was OK.
- Dolphin Discovery: Kids loved it - expensive, but a memory that will last.
- BioLum Swim: George's Water Sports out of West Bay. Longer drive, but we liked the idea of a boat ride and they were one of only a few that published they provided wetsuits. We'd heard about jellyfish stings (mild) and my daughter wanted the comfort of the suit. It was surreal - well worth it - and I'd recommend George's tour - boat was nice - lots of free beer - soda - water. Full gear needed - friendly crew.
- Smith's Barcadere: Went for a pic - stayed to swim. Just too beautiful to resist.
- Collier's Beach - another spot you are likely to have to yourself. Lots of grass at shoreline, but sandy past the dock. Good snorkeling along dock.
- Rum Point: Gentle waves - clear water - beach chairs - watersport rentals - beach bar. Touristy, but what isn't to like! We spent a full day and the whole family had fun.
For food - we tried a few spots - all good:
- Tukka: Go for 5:30pm bird feeding if you have kids. Good happy hour - good food.
- Eagle Ray's Bar and Grille: Same owners as Tukka's - liked the vibe a little more as it's a more scenic spot on the reef. My son is still talking about the Lionfish Tacos.
- My Bar - Sunset House: Food wasn't as good as top two - but just south of Seven Mile Beach and a great spot for an afternoon cocktail!
Have fun - if you are reading this it means you are at the house so having fun should be easy.
SKY: April 2018: Guestbook comments: (JS and family - Naperville, IL, USA)
Dear Paul and Fay Anne - We appreciated this book of places to visdit and eat. Our family of 5 (kids aged 8-13) really enjoyed this spot to stay. It was ideal. We most enjoyed the large home, the kids loved the pool, feeding the chickens, playing with the crabs - even did a race! Snorkeling out front was like swimming in a fish tank! All the good fish hang out by the rocks and coral. We found several conchs and Scott found a lobster hiding but could not coax it out. Relaxing alone at the enad of the day in a hammock was exceptional. We enjoyed several excursions whikle we were here. One of the best things we did to avoid crowds was to check the cruise schedule. We booked Stingray City on a day when no cruise ships were in port.
- Dolphin Discovery - Swim with the Dolphins was a really fun experience but was the most expensive and shortest as well. Over $600 for 5 persons and they wanted $250 for all the photes. We got 1 photo per person on a CD for $38. The good news was that admission to Turtle Farm across the street was included...
- Cayman Turtle Centre - I wish we had learned more about all this place had to offer because we would have planned more time here. It's like a day-long place to hang out with an aviary, water slides, beaches etc and a restaurant on site (we did not eat there). It was a very cool experience for us all to be able to hold little sea turtles. The breeding pool was full of enormous turtles.
- Macabuca Restaurant - next to Dolphin Discovery/Turtle Centre was where we had lunch on the dock in the shade. Excellent food and drinks and more reasonable prices! Food is more high-end and service was very good. Wonderful views of the ironshore on all sides. Can enter the water there but we did not.
- Rum Point - a fun place to go but was not "natural" if you're looking for that. We knew to expect to enjoy free loungers and hammocks, clean restrooms and showers, in exchange for getting lunch and mudslides there. It was worth it. Kids loved the calm water that is very shallow. We snorkeled with some fish, saw a small spotted ray, and the kids liked the bit of sand too. We picked a day when fewer people would be there based on cruise schedule. Excellent shade if you need to keep out of the sun. This is a better place to book Stingray City tours than in West Bay (quicker access from Crescent Beach and the boat ride is shorter).
- Stingray City - We booked in advance with Captain Marvin's and had to arrive in Seven Nile Beach early to be transported to the dock. Clean bathroom aboard the boat. This excursion was so excellent with two snorkel stops after Stingray City. 1st stop was so-so with fewer fish to see. The 2nd stop was much more fun as you got some food to feed the fish plus a few stingrays came by. We can take our own photos but they had a photographer do some as well. We got 55 photos on a USB for $60 - some of our whole family and some individual shots. Decent value! Our whole family enjoyed this very much and would do this again.
- Bioluminescent Tour - With Cayman Cayaks - out of Rum Point at 9:15pm was excellent. A dark night sky observation, "Bio Ba y", seeing a jellyfish that glows, other "micro-shrimp" that light up as the boat goes by - AH-MAZING!!! Highly recommend. Our guide, David, said the earlier time is more buggy - we didn't experience many at all - just on land a little bit before getting on and after getting off the boat.
- Tukka - delicious high-end quality food. Prices pretty good for what you get.
- Governor's Beach - on 7 Mile Beach is free with parking. Nice spot to experience their beautiful white sand on the west end of the island.
We were so fortunate to find 4 sea turtle nests and tracks [logerhead and green turtle] out front on our departure day. What a THRILL! Whomsoever stays here 60 days from now (8 May 2018) will see the hatchlings.
SAND and SKY: April 2018: A beautiful quiet home with all the amenities (away from the hustle & bustle) and two dynamic owners! ★★★★★ (G&CJ Virginia Beach, USA - TripAdvisor)
We rented the whole house (Sky & Land) for the week. The privacy, the many extras inside, such as - a welcoming package, bicycles, kayaks, snorkeling equipment, first aid kits, soaps, a safe, tons of literature for tours & shopping, extras in the refrigerator, and even a weighing scale for checking one's luggage were just a few mentionables. Paul & Fay Anne were there in a minute but also allowed us all our privacy. They suggested many different places to go and things to do and were easy to reach if needed. Our family loved the Tukka Restaurant, where we celebrated our 50th anniversary, and found the best Johnny cakes at Over the Edge. We ventured out every day to snorkel, swim with the stingrays and turtles, and visit the many tourist places that are offered. The whole island was visited for snorkeling and the awesome island food, as well! The Crystal Caves and Beach Bubbles, along with the Czech Inn are all worth a visit and very close by to Crescent Beach. It was reassuring that the hospital was not even a half mile up the road. We met a nice, hospitable man named Alan who lives in the area. He was full of knowledge about the Blow Holes and took a fantastic picture of us at the Blow Holes when it was in full form. We had fantastic weather even though Mother Nature blessed us with seaweed which finally and slowly went away. One more week would have topped the trip so that we could have enjoyed staying put and watching more sunsets at Half Moon Bay. We cannot thank Paul & Fay Anne enough for thier thoughtfulness and attention that was so obviously placed into their home.
SAND: April 2018: Fantastic! ★★★★★ (CG, USA - VRBO)
We spent last week at Crescent Beach and it was perfect in every way. I can't think of a single thing we'd change. Being away from SMB made our stay a bit quieter and unique. We were close to various local restaurants, so we had lots of variety. I would recommend this property.
SKY: April 2018: Guestbook comments: (N, A, D and B - Brooklyn, NY) with (D, M and L - NY)
Paul and Fay Anne - What a beautiful place you have! Our family had as much fun staying here as we did exploring the island. Having brought our 2 young children we could have had a hard time keeping them entertained but you were even ready for them! The house is very well kept and equipped. We can't say enough about our stay.
- Best food - The Czech Inn Grill - doesn't look like much but hands down the best food and the owner is awesome.
- Lighthouse was also very good
SKY: April 2018: Guestbook comments: (K and JH), Bristow, VA, USA
We (heart) Crescent Beach!. Paul and Fay Anne - Your hospitality is amazing! Thank you for coming to our rescue more than once! We loved:
- Tukka #1 Restaurant - our personal fav...
- Lighthouse Restaurant - Pizza (thin crust)
- George's Water Tour - all one tour
- Swim with the stingrays
- Starfish point
- Snorkeling on BEST coral reef ever - think "Finding Nemo"
- Mangrove tour
- Camana Bay - Observation tower (free)
- National Gallery - free - great art!
- National museum - if you like history
- Pure Art - best gift shop
- Beach Bubbles - a must-go for soaps and lotions
- Seven Mile Beach - smooth sand
- Spotts Beach - great R&R spot and may see a turtle - clean porta-potty - good pics on pier and some picnic tables
- Macabuca - home-made ice-cream sandwiches - excellent and huge
- Lobster Pot Restaurant - high-dollar but AH-MAY-ZING - on the water
- Over The Edge Restaurant - For Johnny Cakes and drinks only - Food so-so but good price
- Heritage Beach - great spot (half a mile from CB) - coconut trees and R&R
SAND: April 2018: Guestbook comments: (G and CJ), Virginia Beach VA, USA
Paul and Fay Anne - To the best of hosts and hostesses! Our family truly enjoyed our stay and your home (SKY and SAND). Our first visit to the Caymans, so it was a new adventure every day. Coming back to your home was wonderful and relaxing. All your tips for beaches and restaurants were awesome. We celebrated or last night (for our 50th anniversary) as Tukka Restaurant right on the beach. Thank you both for all the connections and for being so friendly.
SAND: March 2018: Amazing Property (J and KC and group), CA, USA - VRBO ★★★★★
This is an amazing property. Wonderfully equipped 3 bedroom right on the sand. The bay has very good snorkeling (saw squid, eel and great assortment of fish). We loved sitting out back in the evening and gazing at the Milky Way. The East End of Cayman has always been my favorite. Love the slower pace. Can not wait to return to this home, as there is no better place to relax and let the beauty of the Caribbean sooth your soul!
SAND: February 2018: Paradise Found! (JL and family), Washington DC, USA - VRBO ★★★★★
This apartment is spectacular! The photos really do not do it justice. It's spacious, spotlessly clean, and very well provisioned. Also, Paul and Fay are amazing hosts. They give you privacy, but are available to answer questions and advise on places to eat, sights to see, etc. The location is about 30 mins by car from the bustling SMB area, so even though we visited at the height of the season, we enjoyed almost total seclusion at SAND. I will say that the beach is not walk out (as Paul and Fay emphasize in their description) so this is probably not the best site for young children. But if you want seclusion, spectacular views, great hosts, and plenty of space, SAND is for you!
SAND: January 2018: Beautiful Paradise (KM and family), Missouri, USA - VRBO ★★★★★
We had a wonderful time staying at Crescent Beach. This place is amazing and the pictures do not really do it justice. We have stayed in a lot of homes/condos and this place is the best. The home is spacious, was very clean, and has everything you could possibly need. Paul and Fay Anne have thought of everything to make our stay so great. We spent a very relaxing week in Grand Cayman and cannot wait to go back. The location is great for exploring the whole island, but so nice to come back to this private paradise each day. We enjoyed seeing Chick Chick and Rojo each day, and miss seeing them now that we are gone..
SKY: January 2018: Guestbook comments: (BC and CC), Maine, USA - 2nd visit
Once again, thank you for sharing your "little piece of heaven" with us at Crescent Beach. We have created many wonderful memories and hope to create many more here at Crescent Beach in the years to come. (Further private notes).
SAND: January 2018: Met all our expectations! ★★★★★ (M & T, C & K - Norwalk IA, USA - VRBO)
Staying in the Sand apartment at Crescent Beach met all the previous reviews. This is a very quiet location. We loved having the private beach and access to the coral reef for snorkeling. We ate dinners at the restaurants nearby. It was very easy to head into Georgetown if we wanted. The house matches all the descriptions and the guidebook Paul and Fay Anne leave for you is very helpful. They have covered everything.
Guestbook comments: Many thanks Paul and Fay Anne! We have had an incredible week relaxing and exploring Grand Cayman. We sampled coconut from out front; we became very well acquainted with RoJo and Chick-Chick and their posse. Snorkeling here in Half Moon Bay was our favorite but Smith Cove was very good too. We sailed on the East End through Tortuga Divers which was a trip highlight. Our favorite restaurant experiences were Rum Point Club and Bombay Chopsticks.
SKY: January 2018: Select This House and Get On With Your Trip ★★★★★ (B, N, J, J, J and J - Chattanooga, TN, USA - VRBO)
Don't let making a decision about where to stay take too long. Select Crescent Beach and be done with that part of your planning. Paul and Fay Anne have a wonder home located in the perfect spot. They are wonderful hosts and have put a lot of thought into their home and the amenities. We stayed in Sky and had a beautiful upper-level view of the Caribbean each day. The home is located about 30 minutes away from Georgetown. For us, that was the nice part. We prefer a quieter, more secluded location and like to dine at restaurants that are owned by locals. There are numerous places to eat, but the home is also a great spot to prepare your own meals. The grocery store is about 10 to 15 minutes away. Several snorkeling locations are close, with a great spot just outside the back door. The Botanical Gardens and Mastic Trail are 5 minutes away. The Crystal Caves are about 10 minutes away and worth a visit. Visit their website to view the floorplan (very nice touch) to see how your family will fit in. The open plan great room, dining room, kitchen combo kept the family close but with plenty of room to enjoy. We rented a car from Marshalls (very good experience and much less expensive than the national US chains - don't hesitate on that decision either). Driving is on the left and there are lots of roundabouts. Not a difficult transition of thinking. Just remember to look right before you pull out. The locals are very patient with US drivers. Select Crescent Beach. You'll be glad you did. Not recommended for families with an elderly person - select Sand which is a ground-level home with easy entry for older folks.
SAND: January 2018: Guestbook comments
(T, B. R, E and P - KY, USA - VRBO) Such a beautiful family vacation! We take a family vacation every year and this year for us (was) one of the best. You have a beautiful home here and we enjoyed the ocean so much as B, T and K snorkeled in the bay as the old folks enjoyed watching ... Paul, the recommendations were wonderful. Thanks to you and Fay Anne for being such gracious hosts. We had a wonderful time. Thanking you so much and the chicks too!
SKY: January 2018: So Peaceful ★★★★★ (D, M, <, L, C and L - Minnesota USA - TripAdvisor)
This lovely house is easy to find on the east side of the island (approx. 35 min from 7 Mile Beach). The snorkeling in the bay is incredible. I'd recommend bringing or buying a snorkel that fits you well so you can fully appreciate the underwater life! Paul and Fay Anne were so accommodating to our 2 kids and even had a crib and high chair for our 1 year old. We enjoyed exploring the rest of the island in our rental car. If you want a quiet place to relax and get away, but still have all of the modern-day conveniences, this is the place for you!
Guestbook comments: We had a wonderful time using Crescent Beach as our base camp to explore Grand Cayman. The apartment (Sky) worked very well for our group of 6 (my husband and I, our 3 year old daughter, 1 year old son and my in-laws). It was so convenient that you had a crib and high-chair too! Highlights of our trip were:
- Royal Swim with the Dolphins (Dolphins Cove)
- Cayman Cave tour - on a rainy, windy day (Crystal Caves)
- Rum Point & Starfish Point beaches
- Snorkeling here at Crescent Beach
- Sail with Friends sailboat - tour of Stingray City, Coral Gardens at the reef, and Starfish Point.
SKY: December 2017/January 2018: Phenomenal vacation, incredible property and very attentive owners! ★★★★★ (M, A, A, T, M and K - Maryland USA - VRBO)
I cannot rave about "Sky" more - everything about it is incredible - the property is in an ideal and tranquil location on the beach, the interior is beautifully decorated, with all of the conveniences of home, and Paul and Fay Anne couldn't be more lovely and attentive. My family of six (4 kids ranging from 7 to 13) had the most memorable time here - from playing in the pool, exploring the ocean and shore, and feeding the resident rooster "Chick Chick." We ate all of our breakfasts at home, and found the kitchen to be very well-equipped, with a gas stove, and spices and oils. We are already planning to come back next year! Thank you Paul and Fay Anne for a wonderful home away from home!
SAND: December 2017/January 2018: A perfect piece of paradise! ★★★★★ (C, A, J, and L - IL, USA - VRBO)
We loved our stay at this perfect little piece of paradise in the Cayman Islands. Paul and Fay Anne were extremely gracious hosts and provided us with a beautiful home that was well stocked with several amenities to enjoy our vacation. We would highly recommend this home if your are planning a trip to the Caymans. The east end of the island is very tranquil and away from the busy tourist areas. There are some wonderful restaurants nearby and the snorkeling in the area is outstanding.