2022 Reviews - Crescent Beach, Grand Cayman
These reviews are not edited for content but are edited for "typos".
They were either made public on VRBO, TripAdvisor, AirBNB , Google or Facebook, or were written in our SAND or SKY guestbooks and we thank the writers for taking the time to give us and you their opinion.
Crescent Beach has never received a rating of less than 5-stars and we thank our guests for this!
In 2022, we reopened after the COVID-19 Cayman Islands lockdown, having spent nearly two years helping people to comfortably quarantine.
SKY: December 2022: CK and family - Michegan, USA
- Guestbook: Thank you for your gracious hospitality during our second trip to Crescent Beach! We did lots of cooking in the well-appointed kitchen. I'm so sorry I set off the fire alarm!! Easily prevented by turning the fan on before cooking - big error! We loved: the Christmas lunch gift exchange; snorkeling here (nurse shark, lobster, beautiful coral, fish); Ocean Frontiers for scuba and Sting Ray City trip; the pool; the BBQ grill;; Eagle Ray's for the best lionfish tacos; Spotts Bay for turtles/snorkeling; swimming around the reef and Morritt's dock to see lots of fish. We are so luck to stay here and hope to again. (Thanks for the To Do list - we have booked you for lunch next Christmas!! - Paul)
- Google ★★★★★: Staying at Crescent Beach is our idea of heaven on earth. Gorgeous views, a private bay, perfect accommodations, quiet and peaceful. On my last snorkel in the bay around the coral heads, I saw lobster, baby sharks, multitude of fish! Paul and Fay Anne are the most gracious of hosts. After our last visit, I feel like family--they are that kind and caring about every detail. We can't wait to get back!
SKY: December 2022: AB and family - Georgia, USA
- Guestbook: We had a wonderful time. Can'y imagine a nicer house or a more spectacular natural environment around it. Things we saw in Crescent Beach bay include spiny lobster, a giant puffer, a nurse shark and an eagle ray. Thanks for everything.
- VRBO ★★★★★: Sky at Crescent Beach is spectacular--both the house and the natural environment around it. We came with our two teenage sons for a pre-Christmas holiday, and were impressed. The space is beautiful with a high ceiling and spectacular views of the bay--sunsets to the right, sunrises to the left! There are a dozen places to sit and read or eat. Every amenity has been thought of--a generously stocked and well equipped kitchen, a first aid kit, sunscreen, a bottle of wine, a rum cake, two kinds of fancy soap.... Snorkeling in the bay is wonderful. Getting in and out is a bit of a challenge over the rocks, but we saw amazing things--a giant puffer fish, a nurse shark, spiny lobsters, and a juvenile eagle ray. The East End is relatively quiet. We avoided ever driving to the busy part of the island, but we found a ton of great things to do right near by. Recommend the blue iguana sanctuary and botanical garden. Lovely place and with thoughtful hosts. Highly recommend.
SKY: December 2022: MT and KT - Ohio, USA
- Guestbook: We had an amazing week at Crescent Beach! Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful home. We loved relaxing here, snorkeling and visiting with you, Bugsy, Shy Ann, and Curley. You truly have been wonderful, gracious hosts. Thank you!!
- VRBO ★★★★★: Thank you Paul and Fay Anne!!!! Best host you could hope for. Great communication from even before we booked. Recommendations on anything we asked for and they were all great. They were always accessible anytime we had a question etc. Paul met us when we pulled in to property. Although we asured him we were good, he jumped right in and helped us unload the groceries from the car we had ordered from Hurleys online. (Highly Recommended) He gave us a full tour of SKY and all the common areas around the pool and game / theatre areas. He showed us everything we needed to know about operations of everything. The accommodations were very nice. Large beds with comfortable mattresses and linens. Modern baths, and kitchen with many cooking utensils and appliances. There was beach chairs, coolers, towels, even additional snorkel gear / pfd's etc. available to take when going to different beach areas around the island. However it is very comfortable to stay here all day on the beach, pool, snorkeling etc. and not go anywhere if you want. The southern facing property gives you the most sun possible sunrise to sunset, awesome! One very nice feature was the fact that there was nothing we had to do before we left. No cleaning, dishes, laundry, etc. all we had to do was pack, every minute we were on our vacation until the time we had to fly out. Many VRBO locations leave you a long list of items to be done before leaving or additional fees added blah blah blah. I could write a short book on all the positives about our stay but I will end with the water and snorkeling right out the back door in Crescent Beach. You have the whole bay to yourself! Paul told me they have some of the best snorkeling around the island. That is a big statement for Grand Cayman! For those that have been, you know what I mean. Well, he was correct, the variety of fish, coral, sea fans, anenomes, and sea urchins was amazing. 'Paul Jr' as I call him, a large Puffer Fish that apparently has lived there for a long time was my favorite! Just a small list we saw: Spiny lobster, grouper, lemon fish, grunts, sergeant majors, angel fish, butterfly fish, scorpion fish, rays, flounder, parrot fish, chubs, porgy, snapper and more. I hope to post photos if possible. (Click on an image to see MT's photos)
SAND: December 2022: DH and family - USA
- VRBO★★★★★: The property is absolutely stunning! Waking up to the sunrise and going to bed with the sunset was amazing every day. We enjoyed it so much and definitely will be back to this location. Paul and Fay Anne were the best hosts we have met. They were extremely accommodating and super nice. They gave us all a tour of the property, let us know about traffic, where to visit and when. Paul even helped us load up and gave us a lift back to the airport on the last day of our stay. My boys, 9 and 10, were thrilled with the pool and even playing in the ocean, even with the rocks, right off the back porch. We were there for 7 days and had a wedding there on the island and it was the perfect setting for a wedding and honeymoon. Amazing location, beautiful views, extremely relaxing and Curly was the best pet rock lizard ever. Paul and Fay Anne made it the best vacation we have had for the adults and the kids alike. Five Stars all around from this trip!
SKY: December 2022: LS and family - USA
- Guestbook: Thank you for sharing your home with us this week. Everything was perfect. We had a delightful stay. We appreciate you so much.
- VRBO ★★★★★: Our family loved this property- it’s beautiful! Crescent Beach at Half Moon Bay is exactly as listed and you can trust the perfect Reviews. It is clean comfortable and there are so many thoughtful details. Paul and Fay Anne are super responsive and they couldn’t be nicer. We loved the low key vibe and beauty of East End. Our vacation was perfect Thank you so much for sharing your home with us.
SKY: November 2022: MM and family - USA
- Google Business ★★★★★: Unreal setting right on Half Moon Bay. Great snorkeling just 30 feet from the house. Paul and Fay are amazing hosts. If you are looking for a laid back Cayman experience, this is where you want to stay.
SAND: November 2022: SB and family - Richmond, USA
- Guestbook: What a beautiful place to visit and enjoy the wildlife. Some of our highlights were swimming while watching and listening to the waves - TURTLES - sunrises, stingrays and starfish brought smiles of delight to our children. This home away from home is magical. Hope to return soon.
- VRBO★★★★★: Paul and Fay Anne are lovely hosts! We really enjoyed our stay and highly recommend Sand especially for families with young children (ours are 1 & 4). It has all the comforts of home. The beach is rocky but we loved looking for shells and little sea creatures. The pool a perfect size and has an awesome ocean view. The peaceful sound of the waves helped us to relax and appreciate this beautiful island. We would definitely stay here again and again!
SKY: November 2022: NM and group - NM, USA - (We helped out with a one-night stay until their vacation rental was available)
- Guestbook: Your place here is beautiful!! Your hospitality was wonderful!! Such generosity!! Thank you both for everything. We only stayed one night - but well worth the experience and the last minute notice.
SKY: November 2022: CH and group - USA
- Google Business ★★★★★: Perfect spot for a perfect vacation! This is our second time staying in Sky after the pandemics forced a 2 year break. We were delighted to be back at Paul and Fay Anne’s lovely accommodations. It has everything you need including its own bay with snorkeling from the beach. Beautiful sunrise and sunset each day and a refreshing pool. We ordered grocery delivery to avoid the shopping on the way from the airport. Close to some terrific restaurants. Can’t wait to return!
SAND: November 2022: DD and family - USA
- Guestbook: We are grateful to HD for allowing us to use a personal photo of a tattoo featuring the longitude and lattitude of our pool. HD said "Cayman is my absolute favorite place on the planet. Your hospitality and beautiful home makes it my own personal heaven. Thank you for everything."
- Google Business ★★★★★: Want to visit Grand Cayman without all the hustle and bustle of the tourist area? Well this place is your answer!! Absolutely beautiful location with a wonderful owner that is very helpful. We are currently staying in "Sand" which is tastefully decorated. Beautiful tile that looks like hardwood flooring throughout the house. 2 master bedrooms that both have breath-taking oceanviews. The kitchen is wonderful with just about everything you need for a week vacation with the exception of the groceries. Outside is a fire pit, 2 hammocks, wading pool, a table to eat outside as well as chairs, boogie boards. Just amazing! WAY UNDER PRICED FOR LOCATION AND VALUE! DON'T MISS OUT ON THIS OPPORTUNITY TO STAY IN ONE OF THE MOST AMAZING HOMES IN HALFMOON BAY, GRAND CAYMAN!!
SAND: November 2022: MEG and family - New Orleans, USA
- Guestbook: We are grateful to our daughter for finding this unbelievable location and facilities. Beautiful - 100%. Comfortable - 100%. Creatures that live around the porch - most interesting and smart! Looks - 100%. Difficult to return home. Thanks for offering such a retreat place!!! We are very pleased and are sure to keep it as a memorable stay.
- VRBO ★★★★★: We had a wonderful time staying at Crescent Beach! Paul and Fay Anne are the most gracious hosts imaginable and anticipate your every need in their vacation rental. The oceanfront setting and the amenities are perfect. We already reserved it again for next year.
SKY: October 2022: GM and group - LiFT, Tampa FL, USA (Crescent Beach supports LiFT - https://liftfl.org/)
- Guestbook: WOW! What an amazing place! Your hospitality was unmatched and so happy we also got to befriend Bugsy, Shy Ann, Curly, Rocky and all of the wild chickens. Being able to use the kayaks to snorkel and fish right off the bay was awesome - and thanks to our fishing charter we were able to experience some of the best fish we have ever tasted! We will be missing those CayBrew Lites too. We will be back hopefully to see one of your plays. (Paul is Theatre Manager of and a director for The Prospect Playhouse - a voluntary organisation). Thank you again for a spectacular time.
- Google Business ★★★★★: This was one of the best vacations we have ever been on! Sand and Sky were gorgeous. It was so fun to be able to step right outside and experience some of the best snorkeling, kayaking and fishing! Paul and Fay Anne were absolutely the BEST hosts. Their hospitality and kindness blew us away! We will absolutely be returning!
SKY: August 2022: JM and group - NJ, USA
- Guestbook: Thank you for the wonderful week. So thoughtful for your help with our little emergency (a broken leg) . We couldn't have enjoyed more the day trip we took with Fay Anne. She showed us the best beach and we had a wonderful lunch. We appreciated Paul taking the time to give us an insider tour of his home theatre and we enjoyed the lovely anniversary dinner for J and V at Tukka. You made what could have been a terrible situation a wonderful time for all. Thank you and much appreciation.
SKY: August 2022: SCG - UK
- Guestbook: There are many beautiful places on God's green earth and Crescent Beach is certainly one of them. We can't begin to thank you for your hospitality and kindness in making this one of the most memorable holidays we have had as a family. Our girls have hadthe best of times and learnt so much about the island. Swimming in the bay and snorkelling with the fish was amazing as was time simply spent playing in your wonderful pool. Cooking Smores with E around the fire pit whilst learning about the ocean will never be forgotten. Visiting the turtle farm was unforgettable as was enjoying Rum Point and Star Fish Point. SKY is simply perfect, a home away from home for sure. Waking to suchmagnificent views of the ocean and enjoying a morning coffee was relaxing. We came with expectations of Cayman and leave with a true understanding of the paradise you call home. We will be back. S, J, E, & M.
SKY: August 2022: GJJ - Minneapolis MN, USA - VRBO
- Guestbook: We so enjoyed seeing you again. We checked out a couple of new restaurants we would like to recommend. Blue Rock - just down the road by the hospital - great food. Boat House in George Town was also very good. We also had a chance to visit the botanical gardens (Queen Elizabeth II Royal Botanic Park) - much has changed from our first visit 20 years ago. It was beautiful. We arrived at 9am and brought water - both good choices. And a visit would not be complete without a visit to Beach Bubbles to pick up lotion and soap. We also wnet to Cayman Scents in George Town - some nice lotion and soap. We enjoyed two weeks of endless diving with Nick Buckley and the Deep Blue Divers crew - our favorite dive operators. We so look forward to seeing you again in 2023. Our stay in SKY was fabulous as always. Crescent Beach is the best and most reasonable price to stay on the island - we love it here. Until we meet again - hugs and kisses.
SAND: Jul 2022: GT and family with FS & DS - KY, USA
- Guestbook: We had a spectacular week staying in your beautiful home and love the Caymans! Claire loved Curly and feeeding her crickets every morning. G, Claire and I had the most magical, once-in-a-lifetime experience watching a baby turtle hatch and make its way to the ocean. We will never forget this amazing trip and experience. Thank you so much for your hospitality. PS - also, we loved the hermit crabs!
SAND: Jul 2022: JT & FT - FL, USA
- Guestbook: Dear Paul and Fay Anne, Thank you for giving us the opportunity to stay at your beautiful home. We loved spending our timne mostly on the patio. We love Cayman and plan to be back soon with more of our family - maybe to someday be neighbours. See you again soon.
- Please take care of "Curly". She lives between the rocks and porch and loves to lounge on the chairs. She actually got to the point to greet us when we come out and to eat crickets (canned) and banana from our hand!
SAND: Jul 2022: RSO and family - IL and IA, USA
- VRBO ★★★★★: Covid forced my family to wait 3 years before being allowed to visit "Sand". Paul and Faye Anne are absolutely amazing hosts and have everything you'd ever need for an amazing family vacation. "Sand" sits on a quiet bay that provided some of the best snorkeling around. My kids absolutely loved the wildlife...especially the ring-tailed lizards and spent hours in the pool. I couldn't recommend a destination or host any higher!
- Guestbook: What an amazing week. Paul and Fay Anne were amazing hosts and we are extremely thankful that they were willing to share their "Sand". The kids loved the pool, the (rock) lizards every morning, and getting an opportunity to swim with the dolphins @ Dolphin Discovery. The turtle farm was a great experience and don't forget to get a piece of Key Lime pie at "Over The Edge". Also don't miss Sunday brunch at Tukka. Because of Covid, we waited 3 years to make it to the island; I'm happy to say it was worth the wait. Thanks again for everything.
SAND: Jun 2022: NP and family - TN and GA, USA
- VRBO ★★★★★: Beautiful escape - Wonderful hosts! Well maintained property that is perfect for a family retreat. Gorgeous setting.
- Guestbook: What a beautiful place! Just what we were looking for. Paul and Fay Anne were exceptional hosts - they truly have thought about everything! We enjoyed snorkeling with stingrays, blowholes, horseback riding and the turtle sancuary. The house has great activities as well - took beautiful pictures - enjoyes movies - and lots of ping-pong. The people @ Cayman are extremely nice. Def a place we will visit again! Thanks!
SAND: May 2022: M&BD with M - PA, USA and the UK
- Guestbook: So we made our first trip here in August 2017 vowing to return. Despite Covid and rebooking 4 times we made it! This must be one of the best kept secrets on the island - complete peace and relaxation - all you could wish for. Paul and Fay Anne - thank you again for your wonderful hospitality. You make this spot all the more special.
SAND and SKY: May 2022: CC and family - Canada
- Guestbook: LDF: Truly an amazing oasis!! I needed a well-deserved beak and got this at your resort. I am blessed to have met you. You are truly very special. Thank you so much for the amazing experience and what you do.
- TripAdvisor ★★★★★: Exceeded my expectations! - Just came back from vacation - Crescent Beach at Half Moon Bay, Grand Cayman exceeded my expectations! Two separate luxurious apartments on a private beach only a few steps away with a nice big common area about 2100 -2400 square foot with patio and or deck outside. The patio’s and or deck are furnished with lounge chairs, table and a sitting area. The apartment met all of my expectations it was cozy, clean, fresh, super comfortable couches, beds with on suite and of course a nice flat screen TV and access to internet. The main living area kitchen, dining room, living room, patio/or deck was a perfect place for accommodating more than 6 couples/or children from sun rise to sun set. The rooms are bright and airy with a marvelous beach vibe. The view of the ocean can be seen from the main living quarters and also from two bedrooms enough to hear the waves crashing when the doors were open. The kitchen has gourmet appliances and well stocked with necessary items which made cooking easy and fun. Paul and Fay Anne could not have been more accommodating. They greeted us when we arrived and showed us around the property once they went through the house with us. On the property you have a saltwater pool/spa, BBQs, a home theater, ping pong table, pool table, Kayaks, beautiful courtyard with very comfortable lounge chairs and a sitting lounge area plus a table to dine outside. The local restaurants were a very short car ride away as well as the grocery store. It absolutely lives up to its name! I would highly recommend this property to anyone wanting to get away to just relax. This is a 5 star plus and then some.
- Guestbook: GS: Wonderful, relaxing, beautiful and full of fun wildlife. Couldn't have asked for a better place to enjoy my vacation.
SAND: April 2022: KF and family - Austin TX, USA - VRBO
- VRBO★★★★★: Peaceful Oasis - The apartment was like having our own amazing beach house in a quieter area, away from the crowded tourist traps! We could snorkel right outside our door in the incredible reefs! The owners literally thought of everything to make it homey & comfortable & they are wonderful people! We can’t wait to return!
- Guestbook: A heartfelt thanks to Paul and Fay Anne for making our 1st trip to Cayman an outstanding experience! We went scuba diving, snorkeled, explored and had an incredible home to return to each day! Thanks for every recommendation, and thanks to cook Dennisha for her delicious homestyle Jamaican dinners! We will be back!
SKY: April 2022: M&JC with G&WH and families - Salt Lake City UT, USA - VRBO
- VRBO: There are those who rent houses and those who host. This is the latter. Paul was helpful throughout with reservations and guidance. It was like having a best friend as a local.★★★★★
- Guestbook: There are those that rent houses and there are those that are hosts. Paul and Fay Anne are true hosts, helping with restaurants, activities - like knowing a local. Thanks for a great stay.
SAND: April 2022: JJ and family - Dallas TX, USA - VRBO
- VRBO ★★★★★ : The best!! - We just had the most wonderful time. I was so sad the trip went by so quickly. Paul and Fay Anen were so welcoming and just a joy to spend time with in general. The best!
SAND: March 2022: PS and family - Song Island NY, USA
- VRBO: Our stay was undoubtedly one of the best experiences I've had through a site like VRBO. Our trip to Grand Cayman was fantastic and that heavily influenced by our stay with Paul and Fay Anne. I give it a 5 star across the board as there simply isn't anything negative to put. Their hospitality, the check in progress, the location itself were all great. Every item that we could have needed was provided. We'll be sure to keep this property at the top of our list for our inevitable return!★★★★★
- Guestbook: Beyond stoked! An amazing house on an amazing piece of property. Thanks for making our first trip to the Cayman Islands so wonderful! Hope to one day return.
SKY: March 2022: KHF and family - Eau Claire WI, USA - VRBO
- VRBO★★★★★: Wonderful Stay: We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Sky at Crescent Beach. Kids love swimming in the pool and of course playing on the Xbox during downtime. We all loved being right on the ocean and listening to the sound of the waves. The kitchen was stocked with everything we could have needed and my husband liked being able to grill the game fish he caught on the BBQ.
- Guestbook: Thank you for having us this past week. This trip for us was so long in the making but was 100% worth it. We will be back to visit again and take in even more of the islands. Thanks again and take care.
SAND: March 2022: JJ and friends - Dallas TX, USA - VRBO
- VRBO: We just had the most wonderful time. I was so sad the trip went by so quickly. Paul and Faye Ann were so welcoming and just a joy to spend time with in general. The best!★★★★★