These reviews are not edited for content but are edited for "typos".
They were either made public on VRBO, TripAdvisor, AirBNB , Google or Facebook, or were written in our SAND or SKY guestbooks and we thank the writers for taking the time to give us and you their opinion.
Crescent Beach has never received a rating of less than 5-stars and we thank our guests for this!
In 2022, we reopened after the COVID-19 Cayman Islands lockdown, having spent nearly two years helping people to comfortably quarantine. We started 2022 on January 1st with a two and a half month stay by BC & CC who return annually. It was great to see them again and catch up and take in THE DECEPTION OF KATHRYN VASK (directed by Paul) at the Prospect Playhouse. In February, the first of an amazing series of booked guests arrived, and we look forward to meeting you all this year. We also look forward to publishing your comments from the guest book.
SKY: August 2022: JM and group - NJ, USA
- Guestbook: Thank you for the wonderful week. So thoughtful for your help with our little emergency (a broken leg) . We couldn't have enjoyed more the day trip we took with Fay Anne. She showed us the best beach and we had a wonderful lunch. We appreciated Paul taking the time to give us an insider tour of his home theatre and we enjoyed the lovely anniversary dinner for J and V at Tukka. You made what could have been a terrible situation a wonderful time for all. Thank you and much appreciation.
SKY: August 2022: SCG - UK
- Guestbook: There are many beautiful places on God's green earth and Crescent Beach is certainly one of them. We can't begin to thank you for your hospitality and kindness in making this one of the most memorable holidays we have had as a family. Our girls have hadthe best of times and learnt so much about the island. Swimming in the bay and snorkelling with the fish was amazing as was time simply spent playing in your wonderful pool. Cooking Smores with E around the fire pit whilst learning about the ocean will never be forgotten. Visiting the turtle farm was unforgettable as was enjoying Rum Point and Star Fish Point. SKY is simply perfect, a home away from home for sure. Waking to suchmagnificent views of the ocean and enjoying a morning coffee was relaxing. We came with expectations of Cayman and leave with a true understanding of the paradise you call home. We will be back. S, J, E, & M.
SKY: August 2022: GJJ - Minneapolis MN, USA - VRBO
- Guestbook: We so enjoyed seeing you again. We checked out a couple of new restaurants we would like to recommend. Blue Rock - just down the road by the hospital - great food. Boat House in George Town was also very good. We also had a chance to visit the botanical gardens (Queen Elizabeth II Royal Botanic Park) - much has changed from our first visit 20 years ago. It was beautiful. We arrived at 9am and brought water - both good choices. And a visit would not be complete without a visit to Beach Bubbles to pick up lotion and soap. We also wnet to Cayman Scents in George Town - some nice lotion and soap. We enjoyed two weeks of endless diving with Nick Buckley and the Deep Blue Divers crew - our favorite dive operators. We so look forward to seeing you again in 2023. Our stay in SKY was fabulous as always. Crescent Beach is the best and most reasonable price to stay on the island - we love it here. Until we meet again - hugs and kisses.
SAND: Jul 2022: GT and family with FS & DS - KY, USA
- Guestbook: We had a spectacular week staying in your beautiful home and love the Caymans! Claire loved Curly and feeeding her crickets every morning. G, Claire and I had the most magical, once-in-a-lifetime experience watching a baby turtle hatch and make its way to the ocean. We will never forget this amazing trip and experience. Thank you so much for your hospitality. PS - also, we loved the hermit crabs!
SAND: Jul 2022: JT & FT - FL, USA
- Guestbook: Dear Paul and Fay Anne, Thank you for giving us the opportunity to stay at your beautiful home. We loved spending our timne mostly on the patio. We love Cayman and plan to be back soon with more of our family - maybe to someday be neighbours. See you again soon.
- Please take care of "Curly". She lives between the rocks and porch and loves to lounge on the chairs. She actually got to the point to greet us when we come out abd to eat crickets (canned) and banana from our hand!
SAND: Jul 2022: RSO and family - IL and IA, USA
- VRBO ★★★★★: Covid forced my family to wait 3 years before being allowed to visit "Sand". Paul and Faye Anne are absolutely amazing hosts and have everything you'd ever need for an amazing family vacation. "Sand" sits on a quiet bay that provided some of the best snorkeling around. My kids absolutely loved the wildlife...especially the ring-tailed lizards and spent hours in the pool. I couldn't recommend a destination or host any higher!
- Guestbook: What an amazing week. Paul and Fay Anne were amazing hosts and we are extremely thankful that they were willing to share their "Sand". The kids loved the pool, the (rock) lizards every morning, and getting an opportunity to swim with the dolphins @ Dolphin Discovery. The turtle farm was a great experience and don't forget to get a piece of Key Lime pie at "Over The Edge". Also don't miss Sunday brunch at Tukka. Because of Covid, we waited 3 years to make it to the island; I'm happy to say it was worth the wait. Thanks again for everything.
SAND: Jun 2022: NP and family - TN and GA, USA
- VRBO ★★★★★: Beautiful escape - Wonderful hosts! Well maintained property that is perfect for a family retreat. Gorgeous setting.
- Guestbook: What a beautiful place! Just what we were looking for. Paul and Fay Anne were exceptional hosts - they truly have thought about everything! We enjoyed snorkeling with stingrays, blowholes, horseback riding and the turtle sancuary. The house has great activities as well - took beautiful pictures - enjoyes movies - and lots of ping-pong. The people @ Cayman are extremely nice. Def a place we will visit again! Thanks!
SAND: May 2022: M&BD with M - PA, USA and the UK
- Guestbook: So we made our first trip here in August 2017 vowing to return. Despite Covid and rebooking 4 times we made it! This must be one of the best kept secrets on the island - complete peace and relaxation - all you could wish for. Paul and Fay Anne - thank you again for your wonderful hospitality. You make this spot all the more special.
SAND and SKY: May 2022: CC and family - Canada
- Guestbook: LDF: Truly an amazing oasis!! I needed a well-deserved beak and got this at your resort. I am blessed to have met you. You are truly very special. Thank you so much for the amazing experience and what you do.
- TripAdvisor ★★★★★: Exceeded my expectations! - Just came back from vacation - Crescent Beach at Half Moon Bay, Grand Cayman exceeded my expectations! Two separate luxurious apartments on a private beach only a few steps away with a nice big common area about 2100 -2400 square foot with patio and or deck outside. The patio’s and or deck are furnished with lounge chairs, table and a sitting area. The apartment met all of my expectations it was cozy, clean, fresh, super comfortable couches, beds with on suite and of course a nice flat screen TV and access to internet. The main living area kitchen, dining room, living room, patio/or deck was a perfect place for accommodating more than 6 couples/or children from sun rise to sun set. The rooms are bright and airy with a marvelous beach vibe. The view of the ocean can be seen from the main living quarters and also from two bedrooms enough to hear the waves crashing when the doors were open. The kitchen has gourmet appliances and well stocked with necessary items which made cooking easy and fun. Paul and Fay Anne could not have been more accommodating. They greeted us when we arrived and showed us around the property once they went through the house with us. On the property you have a saltwater pool/spa, BBQs, a home theater, ping pong table, pool table, Kayaks, beautiful courtyard with very comfortable lounge chairs and a sitting lounge area plus a table to dine outside. The local restaurants were a very short car ride away as well as the grocery store. It absolutely lives up to its name! I would highly recommend this property to anyone wanting to get away to just relax. This is a 5 star plus and then some.
- Guestbook: GS: Wonderful, relaxing, beautiful and full of fun wildlife. Couldn't have asked for a better place to enjoy my vacation.
SAND: April 2022: KF and family - Austin TX, USA - VRBO
- VRBO★★★★★: Peaceful Oasis - The apartment was like having our own amazing beach house in a quieter area, away from the crowded tourist traps! We could snorkel right outside our door in the incredible reefs! The owners literally thought of everything to make it homey & comfortable & they are wonderful people! We can’t wait to return!
- Guestbook: A heartfelt thanks to Paul and Fay Anne for making our 1st trip to Cayman an outstanding experience! We went scuba diving, snorkeled, explored and had an incredible home to return to each day! Thanks for every recommendation, and thanks to cook Dennisha for her delicious homestyle Jamaican dinners! We will be back!
SKY: April 2022: M&JC with G&WH and families - Salt Lake City UT, USA - VRBO
- VRBO: There are those who rent houses and those who host. This is the latter. Paul was helpful throughout with reservations and guidance. It was like having a best friend as a local.★★★★★
- Guestbook: There are those that rent houses and there are those that are hosts. Paul and Fay Anne are true hosts, helping with restaurants, activities - like knowing a local. Thanks for a great stay.
SAND: April 2022: JJ and family - Dallas TX, USA - VRBO
- VRBO ★★★★★ : The best!! - We just had the most wonderful time. I was so sad the trip went by so quickly. Paul and Fay Anen were so welcoming and just a joy to spend time with in general. The best!
SAND: March 2022: PS and family - Song Island NY, USA
- VRBO: Our stay was undoubtedly one of the best experiences I've had through a site like VRBO. Our trip to Grand Cayman was fantastic and that heavily influenced by our stay with Paul and Fay Anne. I give it a 5 star across the board as there simply isn't anything negative to put. Their hospitality, the check in progress, the location itself were all great. Every item that we could have needed was provided. We'll be sure to keep this property at the top of our list for our inevitable return!★★★★★
- Guestbook: Beyond stoked! An amazing house on an amazing piece of property. Thanks for making our first trip to the Cayman Islands so wonderful! Hope to one day return.
SKY: March 2022: KHF and family - Eau Claire WI, USA - VRBO
- VRBO★★★★★: Wonderful Stay: We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Sky at Crescent Beach. Kids love swimming in the pool and of course playing on the Xbox during downtime. We all loved being right on the ocean and listening to the sound of the waves. The kitchen was stocked with everything we could have needed and my husband liked being able to grill the game fish he caught on the BBQ.
- Guestbook: Thank you for having us this past week. This trip for us was so long in the making but was 100% worth it. We will be back to visit again and take in even more of the islands. Thanks again and take care.
SAND: March 2022: JJ and friends - Dallas TX, USA - VRBO
- VRBO: We just had the most wonderful time. I was so sad the trip went by so quickly. Paul and Faye Ann were so welcoming and just a joy to spend time with in general. The best!★★★★★