These reviews are not edited for content but are edited for "typos".
They were either made public on VRBO, TripAdvisor, AirBNB , Google or Facebook, or were written in our SAND or SKY guestbooks and we thank the writers for taking the time to give us and you their opinion.
Crescent Beach has never received a rating of less than 5-stars and we thank our guests for this!
We are very proud that more than 70% of our bookings for 2023 are returning guests. We enjoy receiving their comments and making them available for new friends to read. We shall also continue the new practice of posting accompanying pictures here, along with the guest comments. We started this in 2022 and it has been very popular. Any comments from us are surrounded with [square brackets].
SAND and SKY: November 2023: DK and family, USA
- Guestbook: This was an awesome house for a large family vacation. It is so beautiful and peaceful. It is a great location and perfect scenery. We had 3 generations together for a week and there was enpugh room for everyone to spread out and enjoy themselves. We had a fabulous time and you were wonderful hosts. Than you for sharing this time and space with us.
- Guestbook: This was our first flight out of the USA and our first time in Grand Cayman! This was literally paradise for us! The house, view, pool, hospitality and our adventures while here were amazing! This was a dream vacation come true! You guys live in Paradise and we can't thank you enough for sharing it with us.
SAND: November 2023: KD and friends, USA
- VRBO ★★★★★: Spectacular! This place was spectacular in every way. Was so very sorry to have to leave. Thank you for everything!
- Guestbook: What a wonderful week we just had. Our goal was for relaxation and we exceeded our goal - the sound of the ocean, the pool, the comfort of the living area, the game room. We had everything we needed. Thank you for your suggestions for food and shopping. We will definitely be back again! (The Michigangals)
SAND: October 2023: S&EL, Warm Springs OR, USA
- VRBO ★★★★★: Absolute Paradise This was the 7th time we had visited Grand Cayman, as a retirement gift, cruises and week long stays. Our first to stay in a more remote, quiet, serene part of the island. We travelled with 2 other couples and chose to stay away from the tourist crowded beaches and opt for less inhabited with no traffic or noise! Crescent Beach at Half Moon Bay was our piece of "absolute paradise"!!! We were amazed at all the amenities, space, atmosphere, tranquility and amazing views. The owners of the property live next door and were so willing to share their time if we had questions. It was almost like we were visiting friends! They were friendly, caring and so gracious. This home was positively spotless, luxuriously comfortable, spacious, well equipped with anything imaginable in the kitchen, and so kind to give us a welcome gift upon arrival. The views from inside made you "want" to stay outside! It was just a stones throw from the back porch to the water. The pool was inviting and used often as was the patio furniture And OMG, the outdoor kitchen was amazing! Which was attached to the movie theatre and ping pong/pool table. We did not want to leave after our fabulous week at Crescent Beach. We will be back and may share with our family next time. This home will not disappoint you and your family/friends if you visit. And if you go, tell Bugsy, their very friendly dog hello!!!
- Guestbook: [S&EL] We had such a wonderful vacation experience. This is our third visit to Grand Cayman. We have been with my husband's Marine Corp buddies and their wives each time we have visited. We love the island, the people, and of course the tropical weather and blue clear ocean. Our friends found Crescent Beach on the VRBO website and we all fell in love with everything it had to offer. The photos didn't compare with the real experience. We did some sightseeing, but stayed close to Half Moon Bay the majority of the time, very content with all to do there. Both Paul and Fay Anne were great hosts and were available to assist as we needed. What a beautiful home! So wonderful they share with others seeking an island paradise. Everything was wonderful. We loved Bugsy [rescue dog]. She was a super companion for Paul and we loved seeing her come to see us by the pool. Would love to return. Best Ever Time!
SKY: August 2023: L & B with L & G, Grand Cayman (Hannah's Heroes winner)
- Guestbook: Thank you for allowing us to stay in your home this week. We needed some rest and this stay has been perfect. We have not left the house other than for one dinner at Blue Rock which was fantastic. We live here in Grand Cayman so have not felt the need to explore while staying here. We have sat and watched the ocean, read books, drank tea while watching the storms and slept really well. We are ready for the craziness of school starting next week! Our favourite part was seeing baby turtles coming out of their nest and released then into the water. Thanks again!
- Google: ★★★★★: Even though it rained during our stay, it was still gorgeous. The views were stunning and the apartment is lovely. Great pool and the kids enjoyed boogie boarding from the beach. Good snorkelling too. We were also lucky enough to see turtles hatching. Our hosts were really friendly and accommodating. We walked up to the blow holes and really enjoyed the different scenery.
SAND: July 2023: K&SM, USA
- VRBO ★★★★★: My wife and I had the pleasure of staying at Sand at Half Moon Bay for 5 nights and were delighted with our choice of lodging. As frequent visitors to Cayman, we typically opt for different accommodations each time we visit. However, we may have to make an exception and return to Crescent Beach in the future. The condo was phenomenal! The living room and bedrooms provided breathtaking views of the ocean, beach, and wildlife. We were pleasantly surprised to see a variety of marine life, including various fish, eels, lizards, crabs, birds, and an Agouti as well as beautiful scenery. We were fortunate enough to witness 5 baby turtles being released into the ocean at night. Paul really knows what he's doing with these little guys. We were happy to witness their departure! The condo had everything we needed and more, catering to all age groups. There were various activities such as ping-pong, pool, movies, a swimming pool with accessories, and games. We had never stayed on SMB or the west side of the island before, as we tend to avoid crowds. We enjoyed our easy drive to Georgetown to shop for duty-free items (such as Yurman, Coin, and others), dine at restaurants, and visit beaches. There were several restaurants within close proximity to the condo, including the newly opened Blue Rock. We already miss Crescent Beach and can confidently say that it is one of the best accommodations on Grand Cayman! Paul was an exceptional host, and we look forward to returning in the future.
- Guestbook: What a wonderful place you have and very special for my husband and I to spend our wedding anniversary week here. Watching the wildlife every morning and listening to the ocean has been amazing. The best part, of course, was getting to see the 5 baby turtles enter the sea. I pray they are swimming, growing, and you will look for their return in 20 years. Thank you for all your hospitality.
SKY: August 2023: TP and family and guests, Wilbraham MA, USA
- VRBO ★★★★★: Quiet Paradise - Well equipped beach front rental perfect for families. Plenty of activities for all ages. Home is beautiful, pool, ping pong/pool and the theater are highlights. We participated in a baby turtle release with Paul (host) that was once in a lifetime experience. Highly recommend staying here if you want to be away from the busy area of Seven Mile Beach.
- Guestbook: Thank you for sharing paradise with us. Such a magical place and beautiful views. My family and I enjoyed swimming in the pool, lots of ping pong, and watching movies at night. Seeing the turtles being released at night was incredible to witness. Thank you again for an amazing week full of memories we will never forget! We hope to be back in the future!
SKY: August 2023: RL and family, Marietta GA, USA
- VRBO ★★★★★: Destination - Perfect: Beautiful, upscale, ocean view, with fabulous hosts Paul and Fay Anne. All the creature comforts one could desire. Once you get your groceries, put on your reef safe sunscreen, and head to the beach and house reef, you are set to relax and enjoy. Paul and Fay Anne shared their knowledge and love of the island and the experience of two releases of newly hatched turtles. Fabulous vacation for us and our adult children.
- Guestbook: Fabulous time staying in Sky. Paul and Fay Anne, thank you for sharing your Grand Cayman paradise with our family. It was just what we needed - and launching 26 loggerhead babies was the icing on the cake. Your lovely home has every creature comfort and there is nowhere on earth that we would have enjoyed as much. Fabulous week diving, playing games, snorkeling. Wonderful!
SKY: July 2023: G&JJ, USA [8 stays]
- Guestbook: Another great stay in Sky with wonderful friends - hosts Paul and Fay Anne. We dove daily with Deep Blue at the Atlantis Center in George Town. EATS/Legends is our favorite place for casual meals on 7 Mile. The Boathouse (Guy Harvey) is nice for a special meal. By the condo, we really like to eat at Blue Rock and Tukka - both have great food. Bye for now - we will be back in 2024.
SKY: July 2023: AW and family, USA
- VRBO ★★★★★: Exactly as described - beautiful view! Property description is accurate, Paul and his wife are right next door and very helpful . Apartment has everything you could need, several groceries on way to the apartment. The location is beautiful, but the beach is very rocky. It is a perfect location to get away and feel like you’re on your own little island. I would only suggest adding a tower type fan to each bedroom as it is very warm.(there is one in the master bedroom) [Thanks for the review - yes - the wave action does throw coral rocks up onto the beach - but isn't nature wonderful - as of this morning the beach was about 90 percent sandy cover - same wave action throwing sand up too. Point taken about having secondary loaner fans available to help the air-con and the ceiling fans when the weather is really warm.]
- Guestbook: (AG) Thanks for sharing your home with us - we just missed the turtles - you're very kind host and hostess - going back to some cool air....
SKY: July 2023: AG and group, USA
- VRBO ★★★★★: Utopia - Amazing. Baby sea turtles hatched on the beach and were swimming in the pool when we woke up. Owner knew how to release them. The place was perfect. It was a dream vacation. Worth every penny.
- Guestbook: (AG) Thank you for the hospitality! This was a once in a lifetime experience. Best vacation of my life! I plan on returning. The baby sea turtles in the swimming pool was definitely the highlight of the whole vacation! Thanks!! [A turtle nest hatched, the babies dug out, and a few went in the wrong direction - 4 to be exact. The nest had 132 eggs - there were 28 which did not hatch, which means that 104 baby turtles went into the ocean, 4 of which went via the swimming pool and a late night release by us from the beach.] (I) Thank you so much! The place was wonderful. (JG) Thank you for having us! What a dream. I won't forget our time here. (NG) I thought of locking myself in here and never leaving. This place is truly paradise and I will never forget it. Best 18th birthday gift ever! (DS) Thank you for sharing with us your slice of paradise. Unforgettable trip of a lifetime. Blessings!
SAND: July 2023: GP and wedding group, USA
- Guestbook:Thanks for the hospitality last week. We enjoyed your property and look forward to returning. Here's a few pictures I took with my drone. [Thanks for the pix - they prove that we really are in our own little world at Crescent Beach...]
SAND: July 2023: DB and family, USA
- TripAdvisor ★★★★★: Sand and Sky Amazing - This place is amazing. My first time renting a house instead of a hotel and it was the best. Everything is immaculate. I felt ill during this trip and was unable to do anything but be in bed. The amenities helped my family keep busy, my grandsons loved the pool and spent a lot of time with their dad in the entertainment room which is awesome. The host was so great. I even forgot my suitcase, and Paul drove all the way to airport to give it to me. The hosts are very responsive and attentive to every detail. I hope to return again soon, so I can make up for what I missed.
- Guestbook: Thank you so much for your hospitality, your kindness, and allowing us to visit your home. I don't think we could have found a better place to stay. If we come back, we will definitely be looking for you. All the best.
SKY: June 2023: SS and family, USA
- VRBO ★★★★★: The property was just as expected. Right on the beach, quiet and secluded. Snorkelling in the bay was excellent except that it was a challenge to get into the water, quite rocky. But with water shoes, everything was smooth sailing once the water was waist high. The location was what we wanted - away from the crowds and private. When we did go to seven mile beach, the longest drive was 45 minutes ( as long as it wasn't rush hour). While we were there, a nest of turtles under the sand hatched and two of them got left behind. So we had the privilege to watch the release of those 2 turtle hatchlings, thanks to Paul. Anyway highly recommend to people who want to keep things private.
- Guestbook: Thank you so much for welcoming us into your lovely sanctuary. This trip has been so wonderful. Your guidance and attention to detail were great! We were very lucky to have witnessed a turtle hatching. There were 136 hatchlings that went out to sea in the middle of the night. Fortunately we were able to see 2. We were also able to see them go out to sea, thanks to Fay Anne and Paul. The snorkeling was great. We saw so many tropical fish in the reefs. There was a 1 1/2 foot pufferfish as well as a stingray - very cool! The games room and movie room were a great addition for entertainment. Remember to wear bug spray and suntan lotion! Our daughter found that out the hard way ): Overall, we had a great time, and you will too! P.S. - go to Smith Cove...
SAND: June 2023: PH and family, USA
- VRBO ★★★★★: The hosts live next door and were very welcoming, responsive and helpful. The condo is immaculate! We got to see baby turtles head into the ocean for the first time! Kids loved the pool. Due to the weather, the beach wasn’t great, but good options were a short drive away.
- Guestbook: We had a wonderful vacation! Thank you for sharing your home, beach, pool and, of course, the baby turtles! The kids enjoyed p[laying ping pong and pool and spending time in the theatre. Us adults loved the peace of the ocean and quiet stillness of the stars at night. (The rest of the island wasn't bad either :). Thanks again for your hospitality!
SKY: June 2023: B and JA, USA
- SKY VRBO ★★★★★: Incredible stay: Great property. Friendly, available hosts. Five stars are not enough.
- Guestbook: Paul and Fay Anne (and Bugsy and Shy Ann) Thank you for sharing your home with us and for being so kind, welcoming, resourceful and generous. This is truly a magical place and was perfect for peaceful rest and recovery. We very much hope to return for a future visit. God bless...
SAND and SKY: June 2023: TL, family, and friends
- SKY Guestbook: Thank you for your hospitality. We enjoyed our trip and your home very much. Thank you for being so kind and available for all our questions. The beach wasn't the best during our trip [steady nonseasonal southerly and south-westerly winds brought in some sargassum] but 7-Mile and Rum Point made up for it. Our family will definitely be coming back in the future.
- SAND Guestbook: This vacation was so great. Thank you so much for your beautiful home. It really was home-away-from-home. Grand Cayman was so beautiful. Between the beach, jet skis, shopping, caves and the great food and amazing memories, this vacation will always be one to remember. Thank you again for your hospitality, privacy and opening up this beautiful home.
SAND and SKY: June 2023: CS and family - SAND with brother RC and family - SKY
- SKY VRBO ★★★★★: AWESOME! Can’t stress enough how awesome this place is. It’s like you are a celebrity with your very own beach and bay - just for you and yours to enjoy. The restaurants around are so good - special shout out to Tukka (ask for Tido as your waiter) as well as Czech Inn. Ocean Frontiers Scuba was so close and they were a spot on professional organisation. Can’t say enough about 1/2 Moon Bay - AWESOME!
- SKY Guestbook: What a magical stay! This was a little slice of heaven and we feel so blessed to have been a part of it. Thank you for your wonderful hospitality, letting us use this glorious home, and for a great, most wonderful trip!
- SAND Guestbook: We've had such an incredible trip! It has been filled with scuba adventures, the best food, sightseeing, snorkeling, kayaling, card games and good books. Most importantly though, we got a week of quality time together as a family. This house + location was perfewct for our large group of cousins. It offered both quiet and peaceful spots to read, and places to be loud, have fun, compete in darts or ping pong. Staying here has felt like being home together - it is so welcoming and comforting. And so are Paul and Fay Anne! It has been so sweet to get to know them a bit. Thank you guys for offering your beautiful home for us to experience. We've already been laughing about all the memories we made here and look forward to continuing to do so for years to come. Thank you - thank you - thank you. [Second entry] Paul and Fay Anne - Thank you for opening your beautiful home for our family to enjoy. The views from the home, porch, pool and outside area are priceless along with the sounds of the waves with the wind blowing through the trees while watching sunrise, sunset and moon come up, a storm roll in, and a rainbow form. The snorkeling right here was incredible with huge tarpon, lobster, stonefish, puffer and countless other things we saw on the coral. Your home was perfgect for our family and the memories made here will last forever. It is a blessing to meet and know people who love to share their gifts with others - and you are doing that well! Thank you for making this world a better place with your kindness. We hope to be back to East End soon to dive and relax here on our own private beach! Thank you.
SKY: May 2023: BW and family - NC, USA
- VRBO ★★★★★: Exceeded All Expectations: The owner, Paul, was an awesome host! He had everything we could possibly need or want, and was very helpful ahead time with great suggestions as we planned our trip to Grand Cayman. The house was even better than how the pictures and the website described it. Besides the quiet, beautiful setting, the house sits on one of the best snorkeling spots on the island. Half Moon Bay teams with all kinds of ocean life. The house is also not far from some of the best “locals” places to eat at very reasonable prices. And for divers, Ocean Frontiers is only a 7 minute drive away. Looking forward to hopefully staying there again soon.
SAND and SKY: MAY 2023: BI and family PA, USA
- Guestbook (by Vincent, Ellie and Olivia): What an amazing time! We had so much fun in the pool and on the beach, and the house was so cool! Thank you for our stay! P.S. - Loved the movie room!!!
SKY: MAY 2023: KL and family - MA, USA
- VRBO ★★★★★: Wonderful Place, Amazing Views: Paul and Fay Ann are wonderful hosts! They truly want your stay to be special. The apartment is big and the kitchen is clean and modern. We loved that each of us had a full bathroom. We would recommend this place to anyone! Great experience.
- Guestbook: Paul - sorry we did not get to meet you. You were great about answering all my pre-arrival questions. [PdF: We did get to meet on my return from my Swedish office the night before the family left] Fay Anne, you are a joy to talk to. We can't thanks you enough for your attentiveness and kindness. This is truly one of the nicest places we have stayed - so clean and comfortable. We don't eat out at all, so the kitchen, being so modern and clean, was very nice. I will never tire of the views from SKY. (1) Botanical gardens was beautiful - wonderful kids area with water spouts to get them wet. Very buggy so wear long sleeves and pants and use bug spray. We went the middle of the day and still got all bitten up through our shirts. [KL arrived during an unusual mosquito spawning event with both government spray planes down for maintenence - again, not something we can control, and definitely not normal]. (2) Agree with other guests about Starfish Point. Very cool to see starfish but boats showed up and were drinking and playing loud music and not respectful of people snorkeling. (3) George Town for a day to look around and shop for fun. Cute town - nice shops. Finding parking was a huge challenge [Yes, parking is difficult. We use the pay car park on Goring Avenue which is free if you purchase something from one of the GT mall shops and get your ticket stamped]. (4) Crystal Caves - Very neat! The guide was so nice and knowledgeable. Very buggy and hot. (5) Snorkel at Colliers Public Beach: There is a pier with a ladder into the water at the end. We found a reef and there were so many fish. Very pretty beach with showers, rest area + cabanas for shade. (6) Cayman Parrot Sanctuary: Our favourite tourist place yet. There were great animals to see and it was very interactive. The staff were incredibly friendly. One man, from Cuba - whom I did not get the name of, was so kind to our family. He made sure we fed the birds, held the snakes, and it went on and on. So much fun!!! Bug spray a must. (7) Dolphin Discovery and Turtle Place: Right across from each other. We bought our teen daughters the Royal Swim package. It was truly amazing. They will never forget how wonderful it was. They got a private 30 minutes. We received free admission to the Turtle Place. I personally would not pay for it. There wasn't enough to see and no-one to answer any questions about the turtles. After reading all the reviews, we did not want to swim with them. The tank was very dirty looking. No regrets!
SAND: APRIL 2023: M&K with J&K - USA
- Guestbook: High praise for our "home" for a week... everything we needed and more. Our hosts were welcoming and very helpful. Our opinion - the best snorkeling was in front of us. And favorite: Smith Barcadere. Best swimming: Starfish point. Tukka was a great experience with good food. THANK YOU - Sincere appreciation!
- VRBO ★★★★★: Crescent Beach was a wonderful place to stay. The check in process easy. Paul and Fay Anne met us and gave us a tour and showed us how everything worked. The mornings were beautiful, just sitting and looking out over the cove. So peaceful. We are very happy with our decision to stay at Crescent Beach and would love to return.
SKY: March 2023: C&McM and family - NC, USA
- Guestbook: Our family of four had a great stay. We loved the peace and quiet and ventured west only enough to confirm that we would rather be here. The snorkeling right out the back door is excellent as advertised, with the highlights being a lobster, nurse shark, tarpon and of course, the resident pufferfish. My personal favourite was paddling out into the deeper water to fish, where I had some interesting adventures including barracudas, reef sharks and queen triggerfish. Paul provided a rope and I was able to tie up to the dive buoy. Some days it took good timing to paddle past the breakers, but on calm days it was rather easy. I have that sick feeling in my stomach when I don't want something to end. I suppose that means we will need to come back.
SAND: APRIL 2023: A&TB and friends - Florida - USA
- Guestbook: Just perfect - thank you for everything. Best local beach bar - Eastern Star (behind the Rubis gas station at East End).
- VRBO ★★★★★: Beautiful! This property was just perfect for our stay in Grand Cayman! Located far away from the busy Georgetown area, this is the place to be! All the rooms were super comfortable and the house is so spacious! The pool was wonderful and the movie theater is a great perk although we did not use it. Plenty of stores and local restaurants within a few minutes. When you drive further east go to the Eastern Star bar and restaurant, which is located right by the gas station. What an awesome place! Our hard-working host lives next door and was friendly and informative, thanks Paul! Everyone in our group loved my pick of Sand and Sky!
SAND: APRIL 2023: SM and family - Wisconsin - USA
- Guestbook: Thank you for the wonderful hospitality. We had such a great time in Grand Cayman. Our favorite activities were Stingray City, snorkelling with the turtles at Spotts Beach and relaxing at 7 Mile Beach. We recommend going to the Parrot Sancuary and eating at Tukka. Paul and Fay Anne were great hosts! This was such a great vacation and we would love to come back. Thanks again for a fantastic time!!
- Google ★★★★★: Beautiful and quiet location with great hosts! Our family had an absolutely amazing time staying at Half Moon Bay during our week long trip to Grand Cayman. We couldn’t have asked for better hosts with Paul and Fay Anne. They were available for anything we needed. We had lots of space to spread out and plenty of places to relax when we weren’t off exploring the island. We enjoyed drinking our coffee on the patio each morning watching the waves and feeding the cute rock lizards. Our girls loved the pool, ping pong table and movie room. We hope to travel back to Grand Cayman in the future and would love to stay here again. Thanks to Paul and Fay Anne for their wonderful hospitality!
SKY: March 2023: AS and family- USA
- VRBO ★★★★★: Home was beautiful and quiet with great views and amenities.
SAND: March 2023: M&AH, USA
- Guestbook: Walked along the beach and saw the following: banded coral shrimp, spotted eel, and an octopus. I think out sixth or seventh visit - incredible time as always.
SAND: March 2023: R&JK, USA
- Guestbook: We had an amazing time. Paul and Fay Anne are so sweet and just the perfect hosts. We spent a lot of the time at the house (mostly in the pool). But the time we didn't spend at the house was spent at amazing restaurants or souvenir stores in George Town. It was all over the perfect relaxing vacation. Thanks for all the hospitality. We will for sure be back.
- Google ★★★★★: Our family has stayed at Crescent Beach (SAND) on multiple occasions. AMAZING place to stay and the hosts (Paul & Fay Anne) are simply wonderful! If you have the chance to go with family, friends or even as a couple - do it!! Crescent Beach will not disappoint!
SAND: March 2023: C&B, Maine, USA
- Guestbook: Once again, words cannot desribe the neauty of your spot here in Grand Cayman. We are so blessed to be able to come and enjoy the peace and tranquility of Half Moon Bay. From the ocean view to each apartment, the grounds, the new (games room) kitchen - all wonderful. Amenities like this make this our home away from home...
SAND: March 2023: B&J - USA - Guests of C&B, Maine, USA
- Guestbook: Thank you for sharing your piece of paradise with us! C & B have spoken so often of you both that we felt like family when we met you. Until the next time...
SAND: March 2023: JC - USA
- VRBO ★★★★★: Private slice of paradise: This gorgeous duplex/apartment is set on a bay you share only with the other renters and owners. We enjoyed coffee every morning on the patio with only curly (the tame lizard) for company. The owner is next door if needed & a great source of information. Two excellent restaurants are within a 10 minute drive. SMB & Rum Point are about 30 minutes away if you desire more choices. Overall a perfect place to enjoy the Caribbean without the crowds!
SAND: February 2023: JB and LTB with JB and LB - Michegan, USA
- Guestbook: We had an absolutely amazing time here for our first visit to Grand Cayman! Paul and Fay are amazing hosts and provided us with exceptional hospitality. We enjoyed holding stingrays at Stingray City and swimming with the turtles at Spott's Beach. We went all over the island, visiting Rum Point, Starfish Point, George Town and West Bay. The backyard was itself an amazing adventure with daily snorkeling amongst the large amount of fish-filled coral. Thank you so much! Cheers...
- TripAdvisor ★★★★★: Excellent vacation condo in Grand CaymanMy family and I had an absolutely amazing trip in Grand Cayman staying at this condo. Paul and Fay were the best hosts you could ask for; they live nearby and are always immediately available for any help or questions. The property itself is top, inside and out - it’s a pretty, newly-built condo with all the amenities you need, whether you’re a set of four in your early 30s like us or a family of 5 with small children. The location is on the eastern side so it’s quiet with amazing views and breeze, and although it’s outside of the main areas to the west, there are still plenty of great restaurants, markets, sights, and even a small hospital if needed. A rental car is highly recommended, and driving around the entire south-central up to the north-central of the island in a loop is a relatively quick and great drive. During our 8 night stay we we went to Rum Point, Starfish Point (we saw sea stars in their natural environment), the Blow Holes, Spott’s Beach to swim with sea turtles in their natural environment, Smith’s Cove, Tukka restaurant where wild birds can be fed by hand, Stingray City to swim with docile stingrays, the Crystal Caves, and several other similar locations. The HIGHLIGHT for me personally was the bay right out back of the condo, especially for snorkeling off-shore. The water will only get up to your chest level (as a 5’10” man) all the way up to about 75-100 yards out, and there are large patches of coral, flooded with marine life. I snorkeled daily - it was like an aquarium for a back yard. Must do: Stingray City - stingrays Spott’s Beach - turtles Smith cove, Cemetery Beach, Spott’s Beach - views, pool-like swimming/snorkeling Snorkel excursion to Rum Point barrier reef (“the aquarium”) Crystal Caves Regarding restaurants - no matter where you go you will enjoy it thoroughly.
SAND: February 2023: K&JC - Lodi CA, USA - 2nd visit
- Guestbook: So very good to be back! Thank you for being such gracious hosts. And thank you for sharing Paradise @ Crescent Beach.
SAND: January 2023: T&MW - Iowa, USA - 3rd visit
- Guestbook: We finally made it back!! We used this time to rest and warm up. We love that Crescent Beach can offer that to us. You took your Jazz cruise while we were here - we look forward to coming back and connecting next time. (Yes - it was unfortunate that the cruise coincided exactly with your selected dates - and we did not even get to say "Hi" in the airport in either direction - but rest assured, there will be no more cruises except in the lockdown month of September - see you next Januray - Paul)
SAND: January 2023: T&C - Toronto, Canada
- Guestbook: Thank you for welcoming us with your hospitality and sharing your piece of paradise with us. The warmth of the Cayman sun, fresh air, sound of the sea, will help us get through the cold of winter. Everything was beyond perfect. You have created something special here for your guests. Thank you!
SAND: January 2023: MP and family - New Jersey and New York, USA
- Guestbook: What an amazing place. We really enjoyed the peace and quiet here and especially the sound of the sea right outside our door. We loved our morning coffee on the pation, the hammock by the water and snorkeling steps from our door. Beautiful sunrises and sunsets! We loved having all of the comforts here... You've thought of everything. Thank you Paul and Fay Anne, we have enjoyed every minute and hope to be back soon.
- VRBO ★★★★★: As soon as we arrived at our destination, appropriately named, Sand, (in a few steps you are on it!) we were pleasantly greeted by our host, Paul, who gave us a tour and all of the information about the property and it's numerous amenities and who was always available for any questions. The property is on a secluded beach and we enjoyed snorkeling and kayaking there. It is very peaceful there. The sea view from the living space is beautiful and we loved our morning coffee and sunset dinners on the patio. We had fun at the pool which also has a fantastic view of the sea. We were entertained by friendly geckos (rock lizards) every day and Paul was kind enough to give us an opportunity to feed them. Sand has every comfort of home (lots of space and comfortable beds) and much more! There are stores, restaurants and activities all nearby. We loved every minute there and hope to return! A true paradise with an amazing host!