We hope you will find this page helpful. It can be difficult to find decision-making information about your potential trip. We have gathered together some information which will help. This is a distillation of news published by the Cayman Islands government, the Cayman Compass and the Caymanian Times newspapers.
The information provided below is tailored for short-stay tourism - 5 - 14 days.
Update: 20th January 2022: The Cayman Islands have now entered Phase 5 of the Reopening Plan.
- A request to travel to Cayman must be made to TravelCayman no less than 5 days before the planned travel date.
- With immediate effect, children under 11, travelling with vaccinated adults, will no longer be required to isolate. In effect, they take on the vaccination status of their parents.
- Unaccompanied children who are not vaccinated will not be permitted to travel to Cayman
- Unaccompanied children who travel from a country with vaccination rates that are 59 per cent or lower for the first dose of the vaccine must quarantine for 7 days.
- Children of age 4 and under will not be required to be tested.
- Children of age 5 and older will have to do the same testing as adults.
All travellers including visitors and returning residents must apply via the Travel Cayman portal. A Certificate to Travel will be issued by Travel Cayman when all documentation has been successfully reviewed and approved. You will not be permitted to board without it.
You can make a Travel Declaration if you fulfill all of the following requirements:
- Have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at least two weeks (14 days) prior to date of arrival in the Cayman Islands.
- Have taken a full course of one of a WHO approved vaccine.
- Vaccine can be verified as follows:
- digital copy of a securely verifiable vaccination with a unique QR code
- If vaccine cannot be securely verified, the vaccination record, e.g. CDC card, can be uploaded to the portal if:
- travelling from a country with vaccination rates that are 60% or higher for the first dose of the vaccine, and
- where those travellers spent at least 14 days prior to the date of travel.
- Meet the Cayman Islands Phase 5 entry criteria and regulations.
Quarantine and isolation
- Securely verifiable vaccination records are best - see Vaccination below.
- Non-securely verifiable fully vaccinated travellers who travel from a country with vaccination rates that are 60% or higher for the first dose of the vaccine and where those travellers spent at least 14 days in that country prior to the date of travel will not be required to quarantine.
- A professionally certified lateral flow test or a PCR test is required by all travellers no matter where they are coming from.
- Non-securely verifiable fully vaccinated travellers who travel from a country with vaccination rates that are 59% or lower for the first dose of the vaccine must quarantine for 7 days, down from 10 days.
- Unvaccinated travellers will be required to quarantine for 10 days, down from 14 days.
Updated Tuesday 18th November 2021: Flying to Grand Cayman (courtesy Department of Tourism and other sources)
Currently, fares to Cayman are very expensive as the few airlines servicing the islands cash-in on everyone's misfortune. However, this has started to change in January as competition steps up. Flights shown in RED are not confirmed as yet - check out an individual airline booking schedule by clicking on the airline name.
NEW YORK (JFK)
Open borders - Postponed
- No travel restrictions
- Cruise ships can return
- No quarantine
Updated Saturday 20th November 2021: Protocol for testing after arrival in the Cayman Islands
All inbound travellers to the Cayman Islands are required to take a Lateral Flow Test (LFT) on days 2, 5, and 10 at the visitor’s expense. Where a visitor is departing in a shorter period, they can either choose to take a PCR test on day 5 or take both a PCR & LTF test on day 2, if the travel period is shorter. At no time should you miss the required LFT test as prescribed by law.
Closest location to Crescent Beach:
HEALTH CITY CAYMAN ISLANDS
High Rock, 1283 Sea View Rd, Grand Cayman
Updated Tuesday 2nd November 2021: Securely verifiable electronic vaccination certificates with QR codes (see an example on the left) which are currently accepted in Cayman are:
- Vaccination records issued by the Cayman Islands Health Services Authority;
- US CDC Vaccination cards (New)
- United Kingdom National Health Service certificates with embedded secure features or those retrieved from the NHS mobile app or website which provides a QR code;
- SMART Health Cards from issuers that are a part of the CommonTrust Network. This includes North American issuers, such as:
- State of California
- State of Louisiana
- State of Hawaii
- Parts of Maryland
- State of New Jersey
- State of New York
- New York’s digital COVID-19 vaccine app, the Excelsior Pass
- State of Utah
- Parts of Virginia
- Washington State
- Parts of Canada
- British Columbia
- Northwest Territories
- Pharmacies and Health Care providers
- Walmart Pharmacy
- Sam’s Club Pharmacy
- Rite Aid
- UC San Diego Health
- CVS Health
- UC Health
- eHealth Saskatchewan
- Express Scripts
- Kaiser Permanente
- Beth Israel Lahey Health
- BioReference Laboratories
- Bon Voyage Medical
- Cedars-Sinai Health System
- Kaiser Permanente
- Express Scripts
- eHealth Saskatchewan
Vaccination records from the European Union Member States and other countries that meet the EU Digital COVID Certificate standard; Vaccination records from Barbados Ministry of Health and Wellness. Health providers which use the MyChart (Epic) app or Cerner HealtheLife app (this is what Cayman uses).
Travellers with other vaccination certificates which are not on the list, vaccinated passengers travelling with children under the age of 12, or unvaccinated travellers, are subject to phased re-opeing rules as described in the Cayman Islands Reopening Plan.
We will try to update this list as more countries and states are added to the list.
If you have not yet been vaccinated, we urge you to do so at one of pharmacies on the list if you are not in a state offering modern vaccination records so that you have a certifiable QR-Code record. And if you are already vaccinated, make sure that your booster shot is from one of the above.